My dog just ate an avocado! I heard that this is bad for dogs. What do I do?
He didn't eat the pit. He just jumped up on the table and got it and I found him when he had eaten about a quarter of it.
This is what the ASPCA had to say about avocados:
Avocado leaves, fruit, seeds and bark contain a toxic principle known as Persin. The Guatemalan variety, a common one found in stores, appears to be the most problematic. Other strains of avocado can have different degrees of toxic potential.
They also say :
If you witness your pet consuming material that you suspect might be toxic, do not hesitate to seek emergency assistance, even if you do not notice any adverse effects. Sometimes, even if poisoned, an animal may appear normal for several hours or for days after the incident.
Call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
The telephone number is (888) 426-4435. There is a $55 consultation fee for this service.
Be ready with the following information:
- the species, breed, age, sex, weight and number of animals involved
- the animal’s symptoms
- information regarding the exposure, including the agent (if known), the amount of the agent involved and the time elapsed since the time of exposure.
Have the product container/packaging available for reference.
Please note: If your animal is having seizures, losing consciousness, is unconscious or is having difficulty breathing, telephone ahead and bring your pet immediately to your local veterinarian or emergency veterinary clinic. If necessary, he or she may call the APCC.
Are Avocados Poisonous To Dogs
This Site Might Help You.
Help! Is avocado poisonos to dogs?
Hi, I understand that you are looking for some advice or resources to help fully train your dog or fix behavior problems. If a professional dog trainer is not an option at this time, or if you want to trt training your dog on your own (a great way to bond), I'd suggest you https://biturl.im/aU83C
A friend recommened it to me a few years ago, and I was amazed how quickly it worked, which is why I recommend it to others. The dog training academy also has as an excellent home training course.
you probably need to take him to the vet because this site on the enternet said that avocados and their pits are poisonous to dogs
These things were also poisonous to dogs:
Avocados and their pits
Coffee, coffee grounds, tea,
Grapes and raisins
Most nuts except peanut butter, but particularly macadamias and walnuts
The pits of apples, peaches, cherries, nectarines, plums
Tomatoes, tomato plants
Wild and some domesticated mushrooms dogs
the website was www.tpdr.ca/wiki/Human_Foods_That_Are_Poisonous_For_Dogs
Avocado are quite toxic and should never be given as a treat. Just because some person on the internet says their dog eats it and it lived is not good enough. The dog should see a vet, and soon. Activated charcoal, IV fluids, blood work and symptomatic care are very good to start with, but please get him seen soon. This is something that actually will depend on time from ingestion to time of treatment.
Oh no, it's actually good for them unless they happen to be allergic to them. Avocados make their coats glossy and shiny and healthy. Our dogs frequently raided the avocado grove. And rats in the grove eat avocados too.
i think avocado is ok but try animal shelter they have got what dogs can and cant eat ,good luck
If u are unsure try a Google search and see what u find sure you will get an answer. If it is yes call a vet just to be safe.
AVACADO IS TOXIC TO DOGS< CALL THE VET ASAP!!! here's the site plus others:
here is a previous question of what not to feed dogs:
here's another site:
Copyright © 2022 QUIZLS.COM - All rights reserved.